Workshop on "Embedded System Design" by Prof. Gunar Schirner, ECE Department, Northeastern University, Boston was held on August 14, 2016
MHRD sponsored short course under GIAN on "An Introduction to Engineering : Simple Ideas - Major Impact" was conducted during Aug 1-5, 2016. Resource person- Prof. Sandeep K. Gupta, Dept. of Electrical Engineering Systems, Univ. of Southern California, USA
Expert lectures on "Electromagnetics and Radiating Systems" by Dr. P. H. Rao, SAMEER, Chennai were organized on February 5, 2016.
Invited talk on "Electronic Circuit Simulation" by Dr. Venkat Ajjanagadde, President QuaSci Labs LLC , USA (1984 EC Alumnus) was organized on 29 January 2016.
One Day workshop on "Identifying and Protecting IPR in Academia" was conducted on 27 January, 2016. Mr. Omprakash, Mr. Sathiyan and Mr. Himatej from OMS Patent Services, Bangalore were the resource persons.
MHRD sponsored short course under GIAN on "Internet of Things (IoT)" was conducted on January 18-22, 2016 by Dr. Krish Prabhu, CTO, AT&T Inc., U.S.A.
Guest lecture on "Direct optical detection of spin-Hall effect in metals" by Mr. Akshay Pattabhi , Research Scholar, UC Berkely (2014 EC Alumnus) was held on January 6, 2016.
Invited talk on "Next Generation Telecommunication Systems – Key Challenges and Opportunities" by Prof. Krishna Shenai, Vice President of LoPel Corporation, Naperville, Illinois, Adjunct Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois and R&D consultant to Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, Illinois, USA. The event was held on 30 December, 2015.
"Foundation course on EM Theory" by Dr. P. Subbanna Bhat, Senior Technical Consultant, Sankalp Semiconductors Pvt. Ltd., Hubli was held during 8-12 October, 2015.
Invited Talk on "Graphene Based On-chip Interconnects and TSVs – Prospects and Challenges" by Dr. Brajesh Kumar Kaushik, IIT Roorkee, was organized on September 28, 2015.
IEEE sponsored invited talk on "Emotional Engineer" by Prof. Prahlad Vadakkepat, NUS Singapore on 23 Sept., 2015.
Lecture series in the area of VLSI by Dr. Narasimha B. Bhat, Manipaldotnet on 17 August and 23 September, 2015.
Short term course on "Mathematical Morphology and its applications in Image Processing" on 14-24 July, 2015.
Workshop on "Industry Interaction to review Academic and Research Program of the Department of E&C Engg." on 13-14 July, 2015.
IEEE AP-S Region10 Distinguished Speaker Programme Organized by National Institute of Technology, Surathkal in association with IEEE Bangalore APS-MTTS Joint Chapter, Monday, 13 April 2015. Dr. P.H. Rao, SAMEER - Centre for Electro magnetics, Chennai delivered lectures on "Transmission Lines and Feed Lines - Design, Analysis and Realization EM Propagation and Polarization" and Prof. K. J. Vinoy, IISc Bangalore delivered lectures on "Metamaterials".
- Workshop on " Parallel Programming Concepts for Research Applications’’ sponsored by Intel/Calligo Technologies, Bangalore and TEQIP-II on Saturday, the 11th April 2015.
- Expert talk on "Optimal Signaling for Multi-Level Amplitude-Shift Keying with Single-Input Multiple-Output and Noncoherent Reception" by Ranjan K. Malik, IIT Delhi on 16-03-2015.
- Workshop on "Intel Galileo - Hands-on embedded system" on 13-14 Mar, 2015.
- Short Course on Introduction to Biomedical Electronics and Biomedical Imaging by Prof. Mark J. Niedre, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Bioengineering Northeastern University, Boston, USA during 2-3 March, 2015.
- NITK-CMU joint winter school on "Multimedia Analysis, Neural Networks for Data Analysis and Computational Models in Civic Problems" was held during 10-24 December, 2014
- Short Term Training Program On Photonics, Optical Communication Systems and Networks during 08-10 Sept., 2014
- Invited Lectures :
- Prof. T Kirubarajan, McMaster Univ. Canada, Aug 21-23, 2014
- Prof. Mark Davenport, GATECH, Atlanta , 26th July 2014
- Dr. Arun K Majumdar, Senior Scientist, Ridgecrest, California USA, 5th September 2013
- Mr. Laxmiprasad A.S. Group Director, Photonics Systems Group, LEOS, Bangalore, 6th September 2013
- Dr. R K Sinha, Professor, Dept of Applied Physics, DTU, Delhi, 6th September 2013
- Prof. Ganapathi Panda, IIT Bhubaneswar, 13th September 2013
- Dr. Niranjan, Manipal Dot Net, Udupi, 14th September 2013
- Dr. Chandra R Murthy, IISc, Bangalore, 14th September 2013
- Finishing School for MTech 2nd year students of the Dept of ECE, Mechatronics and EEE from 12-08-2014 to 30-09-2014
- Workshop on "Advanced Linear Algebra and its Applications in Signal and Image Processing" from Jan.18-21, 2014, Sponsored by TEQIP-II.
- Workshop on "Big Data Analytics" from October 23-24, 2013, Sponsored by TEQIP-II.
- Workshop on "Recent Trends in Signal Processing and Communication Technologies" from September 13-14, 2013, Sponsored by TEQIP-II.
- Workshop on "Emerging Trends in Optical Communication Systems and Networks" from September 5 - 7, 2013, Sponsored by TEQIP-II.
- Workshop on Induction "Training Programme for Newly Recruited Faculty" from July 1 - 4, 2013, Sponsored by TEQIP-II.
- Two day workshop on "Embedded Systems Development" from April 12 - 13, 2013, Sponsored by TEQIP-II
- Workshop on NETSIM software from 5th & 6th January 2013, Sponsored by Tetcos, Bangalore.
- Workshop on iSense WSN n/w design Kits at NITK Surathkal on November 2012, Sponsored by Nihon Communication Solutions.
- Workshop on “Academic PCB designing” on 6th October 2012.
- One Day workshop was organized for UG Students on “Cypress Programmable Systems on Chip” on 26th July 2012.
- NITK-HEIG-VD Joint Summer University on Image and Signal Processing (SU-ISP 2011-12), February 27 to March 7, 2012.
- Training programme on "Mote View WSN Kits" (Intrinsic solutions), February 17, 2012.
- Training programme on "Exata Emulator and WSN application" (Nihon Commn. Solutions), February 7, 2012.
- Intel sponsored faculty development program on "Intel Embedded Initiative", January 6-7, 2012.
- Training Program on "HFSS-Electromagnetic Simulation Software" (RFMEMS (DIT)), September 29-30, 2011.
- Short Term Training Program on "Guided Free Space Optical Networks and Systems" (AICTE), August 16-20, 2011.
- Training Program on "MEMS Design" (NPMASS, Govt. of India), May 30 to June 4, 2011.
- Workshop on 'Xilinx Embedded Design Flow' (Xilinx University Program and MCIT SMDP-VLSI II Project), February 5 -6, 2010.
- 'IUCEE Review meeting', December 19, 2009.
- 'Open HouseNTSE Nurturance Program' for School Children, September 5-6, 2009 and February 18, 2010.
- Workshop on 'EDA Tools', August 29, 2009.
- One day Professor's workshop on 'FPGA based system design using Altera Tools', August 22, 2009.
- Workshop on 'Analog Signal Processing' (MHRD/AICTE), August 3-8, 2009.
- Training on 'Qualnet Software' (Nihon Communication Ltd., Bangalore & E&C Dept.), August 1-2, 2009.
- Curriculum Development Programme 'BTech Curriculum Revision', May 8 & 15, 2009.
- Workshop on 'ARM Architecture and Applications'(ARM University Program), March 9-10, 2009.
- Summer course on 'Recent Trends in Commn. Engg, Systems, N/Ws and Services'(AICTE), July 28-Aug 8, 2008.
- Workshop on 'Mathematical Modelling of Engineering Processes' March 11-14, 2008
- Workshop on 'Multi Core Technology' (TEQIP), April 5, 2008
- Curriculum Development Workshop on 'Analog & Mixed Signal Design' (TEQIP), Oct. 19-20, 2007
- Training on 'MEMS Intellisuite Software' July 2007
- Workshop on 'RTOS for Embedded Systems' (EENP), March 19-20, 2005
- Workshop on 'TQM' (EENP + TEQIP), March 7-8, March 2005
- Workshop on ‘Signal and Systems Simulation Lab’ (EENP), Dec. 27-28, 2004
- Workshop on ‘Curriculum Design – Evaluation’ (EENP) Nov. 9-10, 2003
- Industrial visit for support staff of Network institutions, Sept. 26-28, 2003
- CEEP Course on ‘DSP Fundamentals & Applications’ (EENP) for ADA Engineers, Jan 20-Feb 01, 2003
- Workshop on ‘Curriculum Design for Engineering Education’ (EENP), Nov 14-15, 2002
- Training course on ‘Web Designing’ (EENP), July 1-5, 2002
- CEEP Course on ‘Modeling, simulation & synthesis of Digital Circuits’, (PI-SSS), April 10-26, 2002
- CEEP course on Wavelet Transform & Analysis’, (PI-SSS), March 20-April 09, 2002
- Computer awareness course for staff of NITK, (EENP), March 13-15, 2002
- Computer awareness course for support staff of NITK, (EENP), Jan 17-27, 2002.